5.30.2006

The Reprehensibles Part IX

Joe Thiesman is the winner of this installment of the increasingly prestigous award for lambasting Ricky Williams all because he smoked pot. Honestly, how many skeletons do you think that Joe Thiesman has hiding in his closet?

"I don't ever want to be mentioned in the same breath as Ricky Williams as a football player. He's a disgrace to the game. The man doesn't deserve to play football. He should go on with his life and treat his drug addictions or go do whatever he wants to do. He's been suspended from the National Football League on multiple occasions. Doesn't anybody have any class anywhere? For gosh sakes, let the kid go do what he wants to do. He doesn't want to play football," Theismann, who is part of ESPN's Monday Night Football announcing crew, said.

I also like the usage of the phrase, "For gosh sakes."

2 comments:

Jason L said...

The interesting thing is that Theismann started his professional career with the Argos so there is a kind of symmetry there.

OlmanFeelyus said...

I didn't know that. Nice.

I just heard the interview with Ricky Williams on As It Happens and he sounded like an intelligent, well-rounded and open-minded individual. He was a bit new agey for my tastes, but he was a lot more mature and sophisticated and straightforward than most athletes I've heard interviewed. He didn't even sound like a stoner. He might actually be telling the truth about quitting pot. He certainly seems psyched about Canada. I'll be following the CFL this season.