Both the NBA and NHL playoffs have been very exciting this season although, I admit, that I just follow the NHL during the playoffs and even then I don't watch any games but read about them and look over the box scores.
But the Oilers of Edmonton, a true Cinderella team, has got the Might Ducks of Anaheim in a precarious position. The Oilers could have closed it out two days ago at home but failed, tonight they will have to try to get the job done on the road. Exciting.
On the other coast you have a lesser Cinderellala, the Sabers of Buffalo, in a tied series against the Hurricane of Carolina.
I admit that what I like is that none of the colossal hockey machines - NJ, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh, Colorado etc. - have made it into the playoffs and instead you have four small market teams fighting it out.
The NBA is equally exciting to the point that I can't decide who I should support. The Dallas - Phoenix series with its run and gun style of play is very attractive almost like going to a great action movie that doesn't require a lot of thought.
On the other coast, the Miami - Detroit series is equally attractive but more like a thought provoking drama.
June will be a good sports month!
No comments:
Post a Comment