2.02.2009

4. Master & Commander by Patrick O'Brian

This was a fantastic adventure story though all of the sailing jargon did get me a little confused and reaching for my dictionary more often than I would have liked. The book is well reviewed by my 50 books colleagues here and here.

5 comments:

OlmanFeelyus said...

Great start out the gates this year...

Crumbolst said...

Well, between you, Jar and Olman, I'm convinced. It's on teh list!

Jason L said...

Yarrr!

meezly said...

early on I just went 'screw it' with the looking up the nautical references, and just went with it. never looked back!

Doc said...

This is definitely a good book, especially if you like historical romances/historical fiction. The details are awesome and the characters are rich. I look forward to reading more of them.

As Olman says, you are really cranking out the books this year. Keep it up!