1.22.2005

T plus 35 days

We had a wedding meeting tonight to review wedding invitation templates and possible venues.

My idea of emailing the wedding invitation to everyone rather than having one printed fell on deaf ears. I was hoping to pull off a coup similar to not registering for gifts. Alas, failure.

Wedding invitations are complicated. So many decisions. Do not have great fun for such a meeting.

Venues was simple. I voted for the Four Seasons and Mona finally gave in. I had an ace of an argument: there will be a lot of elderly people who will have traveled quite a bit to get to the wedding and it is important that the wedding should be in the hotel where they are staying so that if they need to take a rest they can do so easily.

I've realized that the elderly card can win so many different arguments.

1 comment:

OlmanFeelyus said...

Excellent, excellent stuff! Keep it coming. It has me laughing and feeling all nervous and shaky at the same time. You just stepped over the edge and are now running down the cliff. You can't stop or go back up, except at great pain and sacrifice, so the best bet is to just keep going down, finding the easiest path possible.

Even I would have to side with the ladies against the email invite. But I'm a fan of snail mail. However, it is bizarre how they love spending hours and hours discussing the most minute aesthetic detail, like what typeface or what kind of paper and ribbon, blah blah. That's fine, but then don't act all disdainful at our interest in sports statistics!